In addition to our core scientific studies, we are now actively seeking funding and partnerships for a range of specific projects in the fields of animal monitoring, micro and molecular biology and information systems.
Key among these are:
- second-generation GPS technology for tracking valuable and smaller species
- hi-tech waterhole, incorporating state-of-the-art observation and monitoring systems
- parasitological study of herbivore species
- expanded DNA studies to include other species
- further development of our GIS system, including specialist surveys to provide information across all layers
ORC can also provide some infrastructure (accommodation, technical support etc) for joint and collaborative projects in the areas of ecology and conservation biology.
By expanding our range of sponsors and collaborations we hope to bring a diverse range of researchers and techniques to Ongava. This will help broaden our scientific knowledge and strengthen our conservation efforts.